Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh I almost forgot!

No more binkies! I took Addison's bink away last week to attempt the cold turkey removal ... and it worked! She was only taking it during naps and at night but we were having issues with her crying for it all day. After her nap on Thursday I put them in the closet and when she asked for it, I told her it was gone. She cried for awhile then got distracted. At bedtime when I walked her to the crib I reminded her it was gone and put her in bed. She cried and whined for about 15 minutes and was out like a light. Since then we've had 5-10 minutes of calling for mommy and bink before naps and bed and that's it. She doesn't ask for it during the day, she doesn't wake at night looking for it, and she is as pleasant as can be. Why didn't I do this earlier????

No comments: