Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You can't blame a girl for trying!

I want a lot of things. And I'm the first to admit I want a lot of things I don't need. I want a new camera, I want some new clothes, I want to get the girls a swingset, and most of all I want a new stove.
I asked DH if we could possibly get one using some of our tax refund. His words "we have a stove, we don't need a new one." Ok yes, technically we *do* have one. It's a 1970-something Caloric gas range. His parents left it here for us when they moved.
I keep telling him if we get a new stove, I'd be more inclined to cook. That's probably a lie. I hate to cook. But in all honesty I hate cleaning the ol' Caloric more. Nothing frustrates me more than scrubbing that beast down. It has the old ceramic stains, where set in grease has lived for years. Nothing and I do mean, nothing will take the discoloration off. It's scratched, it's dented, and it's just plain ugly.
I don't want anything fancy (but let's face it, having a clock and timer would be nice!). I have my eye on this White Kenmore 30 in. Freestanding Gas Range
So I've decided when I recieve my first $400 paycheck I'm going out and getting us a new stove. If that fails to happen there's always that Sears card hanging out, unused with a $0 balance sitting in my purse.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

You go for it Kendra!! It'll look lovely in your kitchen!

Kristen said...

I agree go for it..The stove is something you look at every day..I think it will be well worth it! You deserve it!