Monday, January 7, 2008

The fall of Love-A-Lot Bear



Above is a picture of one of my prized possessions ... my Care Bears. My grandmother bought them for me years ago. I was little, and thought they were the greatest thing ever. I've never seen another set, and we've never bothered to look up the value, but to me they are priceless.
Fast forward 25+ years, and I still love my Care Bears. They have been given a place of honor in my curio cabinet, even against my DH's protests they are ugly, happy, bears. My twins are fascinated with them. They love them. They sit and 'talk' to them a lot.
So this morning as I'm checking my favorite website and I hear a clanging, it took a few seconds to register. Within a breath I knew ... it was the sound of 2 of my precious Care Bears being smashed together. Up like a flash I flew into the hall. There was Payton gleefully banging Love-A-Lot and Cheer Bear together like a prepubescent cymbol player in a high school marching band.
I grabbed them, told her 'no no' placed them back in the cabinet and redirected their energy elsewhere before observing the damage. I thought I would cry, or at least be upset. I laughed. What a fantastic story. They are even more precious to me today than they have ever been.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Awww...poor Love-A-Lot bear. I'm glad you weren't too upset. I'm also glad to see this post b/c after seeing a pic. of one of the girls "talking" to them I was interested in seeing them up close, adorable.