Monday, January 14, 2008

The flu ...

I woke up with the stomach flu around 11:00pm Christmas Eve. Christmas day was a jumble of being sick, trying to enjoy my daughter's first big holiday and family.
Last night my husband caught the bug. I spent half a restless night listening to his various bodily functions and the other half tossing and turning in my daughter's room listening to her cough.
7:30 this morning when I went to wake up Miss Payton to get her ready for daycare I noticed something on her sheets. I flipped the light on, only to discover the poor little peanut had been sick, and spent the entire night laying in her own vomit. It wasn't anything too horrible, mostly undigested green beans and carrots, but I felt horrible. My poor, poor baby.
I called off work to keep on eye on her, and while she is very fussy, she seems to be ok. She ate a bit, played and bit, and is now napping. Hopefully this afternoon goes better and both of my girls feel better and more like their happy, go-lucky selves.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Poor babies, I'm sorry they both aren't 100%. I hope a nap does the trick for them.