Sunday, January 13, 2008

A moment of bitching ...

This blog is about my gas bill ...
So 4 months ago I open my bill (which came late as usual) only to find out it was our 'settle up month'. No biggie. Sure. We're on the budget, which had been adjusted a few times over the year to account for rising prices. Imagine my shock when my total balance due was $403.14. I don't know about you, but I budget our money down to the penny, know when each and every bill can be paid, and pray we have enough for groceries at the end. I couldn't understand how our $130.00 budget could blow us out of the water in the end. I didn't have an extra $300.00 to send them. So I call to talk to a friendly representative. She informs me we make too much money for 'assitance' but we can set up a 6 month payment plan. Cool. So we pay our monthly bill plus an extra $67.19/month. Then we find out we can't be on the budget while being on the plan at the same time.
I won't lie, our bills have been high, but manageable. Until this month. Yesterday afternoon as I was sorting our mail and noticed it had come again (late as usual). Holy hell our bill is $337.98!
Now let me think back to the day when I called to inform them I couldn't afford to pay $400.00 in one month. Now what do I do? We're already on a payment plan ... and now we're strapped with this.
We'll figure it out, we always do, but it makes you go hmmmmm doesn't it?

3 comments:

Colleen said...

That plain old sucks Kendra, sorry.

Tamara said...

UGH sucks doesn't it...(as Colleen said)

carebear7951 said...

Guess big business doesn't know about small pocket books...I have had issues like this--or a house payment that goes up and up and up! WTH???